Bookmarks 2016 category: Publishing
Sub-category 1: Publisher Trade Marketing Campaign
Trade marketing campaign conducted within the publishing space.
Sub-category 2: Mobile Publication
Publication intended for consumption primarily on mobile phones, including feature phones.
Sub-category 3: Email Publication
Non-campaign publication distributed via email. Think Daily Maverick First Thing.
Sub-category 4: Publisher Sites (Mass Appeal)
News or feature publishing sites intended to distribute information to a mass audience. Think CNN.com.
Sub-category 5: Specialist Publisher Sites (Smaller, Niche Audiences)
News or feature publishing sites intended to distribute information to a niche audience. Think Gawker.
Sub-category 6: Newswire
Newswire service syndicating content to publishers. Think Reuters.
Sub-category 7: Special Features
Specific feature around a specific story or event. Think World Cup microsite.
- Work entered must have been developed for an African or South African audience OR by a South African agency for an international audience.
- Campaigns must have flighted between October 2014 and November 15 2015.
- Platforms and apps may be re-entered, irrespective of launch date. The judges are allowed to look at growth or enhancements of previous entrants in judging.
- All entrants must produce a “one-pager” PDF that sets out the essence of the entry. Judges are entitled to base their judging in the filter round on this one-pager.
- Categories with fewer than 4 entries may be cancelled (and entry fees refunded).
View other Bookmarks 2016 categories
- Emerging Digital Technologies and Channels
- Craft Awards for Teams and Individuals
- Special Honours