Bookmarks 2016 category: Channels
Sub-category 1: Paid Search Marketing
PPC or other use of search marketing to achieve campaign goals.
Sub-category 2: Organic Search Marketing
SEO and other organic search marketing techniques to achieve campaign goals.
Sub-category 3: Display Advertising
Banners, page take-overs and any similar mechanics in the bought-media space. Think any banner on any homepage near you.
Sub-category 4: Native Advertising
Advertiser-sponsored publisher-carried content designed to market a product or service through content development. Think Vice Media.
Sub-category 5: Branded Content
Content developed or supported by a brand to advertise a product or service where the content remains the hero. Think Aston Martin in James Bond.
Sub-category 6: Social Paid Advertising
Campaign run through bought media on social media platforms. Think your favourite clever Facebook campaign.
Sub-category 7: Innovative Use of Media
Demonstrable innovation in digital media placement or buying. Think Bud Light on Tinder.
Sub-category 8: Use of an IAB Rising Stars Ad Unit
Specific use of an IAB Rising Stars ad unit to achieve greater engagement with an audience.
Sub-category 9: Email
Use of email in a marketing campaign or to achieve campaign success. Think Obama 2008.
Sub-category 10: Rich Media Advertising for Mobile
Mobile advertising that pushes the boundaries beyond the illegible banner ad.
- Work entered must have been developed for an African or South African audience OR by a South African agency for an international audience.
- Campaigns must have flighted betweenOctober 2014 and November 15 2015.
- Platforms and apps may be re-entered, irrespective of launch date. The judges are allowed to look at growth or enhancements of previous entrants in judging.
- All entrants must produce a “one-pager” PDF that sets out the essence of the entry. Judges are entitled to base their judging in the filter round on this one-pager.
- Categories with fewer than 4 entries may be cancelled (and entry fees refunded).
View other Bookmarks 2016 categories
- Emerging Digital Technologies and Channels
- Craft Awards for Teams and Individuals
- Special Honours