IAB SA is forming a digital professional body – get involved in the Johannesburg event
Please join us for an update on our work to create a credible, growing skills base for our industry. The IAB SA is in the process of facilitating the development of a Professional Body, which will allow recognition and standardisation of digital skills profiles and designations in the digital industry.
We know that our members, and the broader publishing, marketing, advertising and communications industries need credible, reliable digitally skilled individuals, and we want to enable them to confidently choose to employ professionals who are accountable to a Professional Body for their guaranteed competence and ethics.
Please join us for an update and more information on how to be part of this project in Johannesburg on the 13th of June from 3-5pm at The Cinema, DSTV, 144 Braam Fischer Drive, Randburg. This is the second in a series of events nationwide. The Durban update will be on the 5th July, venue and times will be communicated in due course.
In the session we will cover the following:
- IAB SA’s reasons for wanting to create a Professional Body for the digital industry
- what professional recognition will do for you
- what we mean by lifelong learning – “Continuous Professional Development”
- the “Code of Conduct” for the digital professional
- our timeline for providing professional designations to practitioners in the sector
- the value proposition for your employers and clients in recognising you as the true professionals you are
- how we intend to grade and distinguish excellent companies employing excellent professionals
Please RSVP by following the link: https://goo.gl/forms/LfXrDh4ua5F2V72Y2
We look forward to working with you in forming this ground breaking initiative.