In growing the digital industry, the key focus is on education. The IAB SA has set up educational membership for institutions involved in providing courses to the digital industry.
Head: Astrid Ascar
To work with various bodies in establishing a digital endorsed curriculum.
- Support and run educational courses.
- Establish a digital curriculum.
- Running a digital marketing course with the AAA School of Advertising in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Expand on benefits for educational members.
- Liaise with various educational bodies.
IAB South Africa Educational Institute membership requirements 2014
- Pays a flat annual IAB SA membership fee of R6,000.
- Appoints a single representative to attend IAB SA quarterly meetings.
IAB SA membership benefits
Apart from being recognised as the online authority in the industry, and association with a global industry body in the form of the IAB, benefits include:
- A discounted rate on the measurement system
- Access to IAB SA stats on the measurement system
- Monthly data reports and newsletter sent to members
- Adspend reports from AIS/Nielsen on a quarterly basis
- Industry awards entry discount
- Exposure to the industry at large, through PR and marketing in both online and other press
- Regular workshops
- Industry briefings
- Press office on IAB SA site, promote events and post releases
- Direct networking opportunities with other IAB SA members
- Attend IAB SA quarterly meetings
- 20% discount on selected industry events
- Industry awards entry discount for students
- Association with IAB SA as an endorsed educational institution
- The rights to use the IAB SA logo on their corporate site and course promotional material
- The right to use the IAB SA site for dissemination of press releases and promotion of events and courses
- Discount to attend IAB SA and Bookmarks events
- Access to the members of the IAB SA for educational purposes
- Opportunity to input and collaborate on research reports
- Access to the IAB SA to establish an Internship programme
- Use of speakers for educational purposes from the industry
- Access to input into the creation of a National Standards for Digital Marketing
- Endorsement of courses/workshops offered (subject to criteria compliance)