Exponential Interactive, one of the largest leading global providers of digital advertising solutions, reaching more than 600-million users each month, has announced the launch of its proprietary, scalable video ad formats, VDX.
VDX was developed with the ultimate purpose of building on the advantages of television and video ads and enriching them with the benefits of digital advertising – namely, the abilities to target consumers who are most relevant to a brand, and for those consumers to choose to interact with the brand through an immersive, video-centric experience.
As access to the internet improves across South African households, video advertising will continue to grow, increasing pressure on marketers to use digital video effectively and provide more immersive brand experiences. Exponential South Africa has seen growth of 120% in online video revenue since 2012, an indication that significant growth is expected in the coming years.
With the proliferation of digital devices, advertisers have struggled to connect with consumers at scale via video on these devices. Solving this for the first time, VDX is made available across multiple types of media – from in-page display to mobile (tablet and phone) and in-stream – and provides the same brand experience across these devices to ensure full brand immersion and consistency.
Examples of Exponential’s VDX formats can be seen here.
“Video is the most powerful vehicle to communicate a brand’s message,” said David Barnard, country manager South Africa for Exponential. “However, when consumers lean forward and choose to engage with a brand’s video messaging, it is a much more positive, influential experience than the passive, lean-back experience that is typically associated with forced, non-interactive, one-way TV ads or pre-roll video.”
Further, VDX is built on top of Exponential’s audience platform, which introduces a hyper-granular level of audience targeting that has never been associated with TV or pre-roll ads. Its platform ingests more than 2-billion user events per day, aggregates and segments consumers based on their interests in over 50,000 topics, and uses this data to build lookalike audience models to reach the consumers who are most likely to become receptive customers of the brand.
With VDX delivering a single video experience across multiple channels, Exponential has decided to combine its display, mobile and in-stream divisions – formerly known as Tribal Fusion, Firefly Video, Appsnack and Adotube.
About Exponential Interactive
With more than 14 years’ experience providing high-impact rich media formats and proprietary audience targeting solutions, Exponential is uniquely positioned to deliver VDX at scale across several media:
- 2001: Exponential begins with legacy display advertising network Tribal Fusion.
- 2010: Firefly Video is launched, a digital video advertising solution that delivers the active attention of advertisers’ target audiences to drive engagement and brand lift.
- 2011: Exponential’s e-X advertising Intelligence Platform ingests 2-billion user events per day and allows for building powerful audience models to reach audiences that are most relevant to a brand.
- 2011: Adotube is acquired, an in-stream advertising technology and services provider for the multiscreen video industry.
- 2012: Mobile solution Appsnack is launched to help brands and their agencies build rich, engaging, app-like creative experience.
- 2013: Intensive tech integration completed, fusing together all platforms to ensure flawless ad delivery across multiple screens and formats.
- 2015: All components united to deliver a complete multi-screen video engagement solution delivered to the most relevant audiences for a brand.